Saturday, December 10, 2011

Saturday Love.

This morning we woke up bright and early ready for the day. I have been sleeping extremely bad for a couple weeks now. My back is killing me so I am glad when morning comes and I can get up and move. This morning I got Larry up and Max and we went to the park. Everything was still damp so we wiped down the swings and slides and Max went wild. After about a chilly hour we packed Max up in the car and went to good old health McDonalds for breakfast. Max just loves those hash browns. It was are family date morning, we had a great time. We've been trying to really tighten our budget so we can get closer to our down payment so this was a big splurge for us! I didn't really want anything for Christmas but to do little things like this all month long and go out to eat a couple times so Larry is making it happen. The rest of the day Larry studied and was gone till late at night and Max and I played but for the morning we actually were together happy and worry free for awhile!

Also I made this PIE: Its delicious!!!

Grasshopper Pie
8 oz cream cheese, softened
8 oz tub Cool Whip
1 Oreo Crust (I buy premade but you can make your own if you prefer)
1/2 (of a 14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
16 Keebler Grasshopper Cookies
Green food coloring

Crush cookies in a large Ziploc bag. Some large chunks are fine, but you want mostly very
small, even crushed pieces.
In the bowl of a mixer, beat cream cheese on medium until smooth. Add sweetened
condensed milk and beat until combined. Mix in crushed cookies and fold in Cool Whip.
Add food coloring and fold in until desired color is achieved. Pour into pie shell and chill for
at least 4 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment