Tuesday, January 26, 2016
Tonight as I was brushing Max's teeth I noticed that he had a tiny little adult molar popping in! Crazy! He hasn't lost any baby teeth yet but seeing that first permanent tooth made my heart break just a tiny bit. He is getting older and while I am just weeks away from welcoming baby #4 it is a bit sad that my first is growing and getting big. I know he has major mile stones ahead but for some reason this one hit me a little hard! He was SO excited when I noticed and showed him, he has been kinda sad he hasn't lost a tooth yet and lots of kids in his class have but this made him feel super special and was showing everyone in the house :) Love that boy of mine, and slightly glad he still has all those baby teeth and hope he hangs on to them for awhile longer so he doesn't have those funny smiles as well as protecting those adult teeth that will eventually come in! Big night in the Harris household.
Friday, November 20, 2015
Let it be known that his day in history we found out that Larry PASSED the california bar!!! He took the test in July and now tonight we found out that he passed and can now be sworn in as a licensed attorney. It took a lot of years and work to get here. It was such a stressful and long day waiting till 6pm when the results were up. I couldn't look with Larry, I put the kids to bed and then heard him running up the stairs and I knew that meant he passed because he wouldn't run to tell me he didn't haha. I just cried and cried. It was a lot of sacrifice and faith having me not work and start a family while he went to law school and it still is us trying to have faith that he will be able to provide well for us so I can stay home with the kids, so this is kinda a big deal to say the least!!! Honestly we are on cloud 9 and now just wait for all the other things to come through intense background checks and what not then he can be sworn in by a judge and then onto a big awesome job hopefully. This is a huge blessing and we are really feeling happiness tonight!
Monday, November 9, 2015
I've been battling a cold the last 2 weeks not to unusual it's been damp and cold finally so I was just powering through until last Wednesday I was feeing awful and felt like I had a bad tooth ache Larry came home early and I went to bed thinking bummer I better get to the dentist. I woke up around 3 am in such bad pain I was bawling my eyes out. My upper jaw and cheek and eyes were pulsing with pressure I thought all my teeth were going to fall out. I took some medicine which I always feel guilty about being pregnant and waited till I could call my dentist the second the office opened. I went in with tears in my eyes waiting to hear what tooth would need a root canal or something and after some extras everything looked just fine. I felt like an idiot because I was in such bad pain. He told me it was probably a sinus infection and to wait a few days and see if it would go away being that I'm pregnant and sometimes they are slower to prescribe you anything. So I waited all weekend nursing the horrible pain and crying a lot and today I went right into my dr and it was determined I had a major sinus infection and eat infection. I have never been in such pain in my life. I feel like my teeth and going to fall out and my head is going to expose. I threw up multiple times from the pressure and even took a norco which didn't take any pin away. I'm currently waiting for Larry to get home to decide if we will go to the ER to see if I can get something for the pain because I'm not going to make it, I can't function or take care of 3 kids . I hope I get better soon and that I don't die because at the moment that would probably feel better then this!! Also I think it should be a rule that pregnant people so not get sick! Seriously it's cruel and unfair.
Saturday, November 7, 2015
This girl has some personality!! She is leaning things at rapid pace. I'd like to think it is because she is brilliant but it might be her trying to keep up with her 2 older brothers :) She is the light of my life and my little buddy girl who hangs with me while the other boys are at school. She is so smiley and funny and imitates everything we do.
She can say...
She can say...
- nono (noah)
- baba (bottle)
- climb on every chair or table
- use a fork
- blow kisses
- sleeps 2 naps and 12 hours a night
- go up and down stairs
- her dad
- her baby blanket
- her bothers
- pushing her baby stroller
- playing in the bathtub
- destroying everything
- playing in the sandbox
- riding around on her scoot and zoom
- being tickled
- playing with her brothers
- being held
- getting lots of attention
- mandarin oranges, string cheese, blueberries, and peanut butter
- looking at herself in the mirror
- getting her teeth brushed
She is in the crazy phase of climbing on the tables and pulling things out from everything and everywhere. She thinks she is so funny when she does naughty things and loves to come up and pull my hand to take me to show me things. She is sad when they boys leave for school and always so happy to see them greeting them with a big smile and a loud hi. She loves to scream and listen to her voice inflections...she has a good set of lungs. She doesn't see herself as any different the the boys and I swear she has no clue she really is still a baby. She climbed and fell out of her crib a few weeks back and was totally shocked when she was on the wrong side in the dark. We lowered her crib to the lowest level and she should be good for awhile longer. She loves going to the park and being around friends and she loves the weekly music class we go to, she dances and sings right along! She can't wait and nether can I to go to nursery at church 2 more months to go! I love her SO much and am so happy she joined our family. She is so loved and I can't wait to see her with her sister, it might be dangerous or crazy for awhile but I know she will love that little baby. She is just the best little girl, we love her so much. It breaks my heart just a little to forget how she was just a year ago, a tiny new baby but she is turning into the funnest toddler and I love see her personality emerge and hearing her learn to talk is priceless.
Tuesday, November 3, 2015
(Noah's Joy School photo 2015)
Well my spit fire Noah...you are crazy! We love you so much and really we couldn't imagine life without you. The other day an older man saw you and said, man I bet he is the kinda kid you can't turn your back on for a second...I said dead on! You are that kid my love!! You are wild, and silly, and care free with just a hint of naughtiness that you like to let come out especially when you think it will be fun. You sit in time out often, and usually cry and say you will never ever do it again, which is almost 100% never true. We love your big brown eyes and your toothy smile. You say the most ridiculous things every. Today you said primary was boring...and I asked you what boring meant and you said it meant things you didn't want to do! Ha! You are clever and always are up for fun. The other day you were in the bathroom and I asked if you were every going to obey the rules, and you told me no, that you were allergic to obeying rules and then you laughed and said isn't that so funny?! Oh boy you are just the craziest 3 1/2 year old I know! Here is what's up with you...
- Love going to joy school 2 times a week
- Obsessed with the color green...everything has to be green
- Still has a paci and bottle :/
- loves to play until you are over it then destroy whatever you were playing with
- In the bad transition of nap phase, still need one but fights it unless you fall asleep in the car then we all jump for joy!
- Loves to escape the house with scout, adventures over to neighbors yards
- Likes doing magic tricks
- Goes into great drapers room and turns all his lights on and off
- Is a good eater...especially cold hot dogs and chips and cheese
- Likes to color on things :)
- potty trained!
- Loves bubble baths
- Usually your arms or legs are covered with pen or a stamp
- Loves to get his hands copied in the photo copier
- Has to be watched like a hawk, will wonder off in 1 second if allowed!
- Has no stranger danger, we are working on that!
- Loves his green blankie...takes it everywhere
- Became a great little swimmer over the summer. Loves the hot tub!
- Loves Max and Scout
- Loves animals, especially dogs...always asking for one.
- Loves going to the park and cruising around on his trike.
- Loves hanging out with grandma doing play dough
- Asks for the ipad when he is tired
- Wakes up a lot in the night asking for someone to lay by him
- Great vocabulary and memory!
Oh Noah we love you lots! You make me exhausted and I hope as you turn 4 your constant need to bolt or get lost will lessen but your funny joyful personality will stay the same. We are working on being more obedient and listening the first time around. You try to be very helpful and you have a great passion for just about everything. You love to be tickled, and tackled and kissed and you have a great laugh! We love you so much!!
Monday, November 2, 2015
(Transitional Kindergarden 2015)
Max is almost 5 1/2 and he is so awesome and I just love him more and more! He is a great big brother, and really cares about his siblings. He is kind, and shy at times and still particular but he has really grown into his own little personality. He tries his hardest to obey and does a really great job at following rules and is a good example. Here are some more awesome things about him currently....
- Still LOVES legos!
- Loves star wars and talks and acts it out continually
- Has about 5 lightsabers :)
- Can dress himself and always wears what I pick out!
- Loves playing outside and exploring the rocks usually acting out star wars
- Loves school and his friends
- Can read really well and practices 20 minutes a day
- Is getting better at writing and cutting!
- Starting to really draw different things and color
- Has a great vocabulary and imagination
- His memory is amazing..I can tell him something from years ago and he will bring it up.
- Spending time with his cousins is his favorite
- Loves to walk and scooter to the park
- Likes soccer, isn't really good but never complains
- Knows most of the primary songs and sings them continually
- Loves listening to scripture stories and tells me all about them
- Continually talks about star wars, legos, his friends, and things he learns at church
- Is helpful, grabs me a diaper, tells me is Scout is naughty, ect.
- Still loves blue and into changing into different costumes often.
- Loves pizza, root beer floats, carrots, yogurt, toast and grilled cheese
- Super creative with anything he plays with has a great imagination and tell storying
- Still hugs and kisses me when he goes off to school
We love Max so much! It is sad to see him grow up, but it is also awesome how independent and funny he is getting. He is joyful, and innocent and wants to do his best and I love all his little things that make him tick. I am still blown away by his memory and I am amazed at how well he is really catching on with reading and writing which had been a struggle for him. He is still really incentive driven which is great and he loves to meet those goals and get his prizes. He treats Noah and Scout really well and is excited for the new baby. We love having him in our family and are excited to see how amazing he becomes! Love you Max!!
Monday, October 26, 2015
We had family pictures done a few weeks back and it is so fun to see the kids grow. I wasn't super thrilled with taking pictures 20 weeks pregnant because I look chubby not very pregnant but not myself. BUT this is me growing another human during this moment in time so I don't want to make that a reason why we don't take pictures so I suck it up and I am happy we did. I know we will be getting a new family member soon but I figure we will just take more when she arrives because I think having photos of your family good or bad (hopefully some good) are priceless. It is amazing to see how much they all have grown in just one short year. The boys were a bit hyper and Scout is going through the phase of not wanting to sit still or stand for 2 seconds but we did manage to get a few shots! It was also a hot 90 degrees in the evening when we were taking these so called "fall" shots. After we treated the kids to in-n-out and were happy to be done till next time! I love my family.