Sunday, April 3, 2011

We had a fabulous weekend...how about you?

We had a great weekend of doing a whole lot of nothing. Actually Max didn't leave the house the entire time, that lazy baby. We watched conference all weekend and it was really amazing. I don't know if that sounds dorky or lame but it was a spiritual boost that was greatly needed around here.

I especially was touched by Elder Cook's address to mothers and women of the church and Richard G. Scott's talk about his sweet wife and their relationship. I also really loved at the end of the last session when Jeffery R. Holland talked about president Monson. I loved just hanging out listening to amazing men and women talk and being with my max and Larry. Each time we have conference it strengthens my testimony and assures me that I know the church is true.

The sad thing about moving out of Utah and not having BYU channel means we have to hook up Larry's computer to our TV and watch it that way, making me miss my favorite parts of the entire weekend all the interesting things that the church puts on between the sessions. Luckily the world report was on and Mormon messages so we were able to see that. I love the world report it talks about the good things members our doing and I love seeing it all.

Here is whats for dinner tonight its a classic in our house.

Honey Mustard Chicken:

1/2 cup honey
3 tblsp spicy brown mustard
1 1/2 tblsp flour
1/2 cup chicken broth
2-4 chicken breasts

I cut the chicken breasts in half, salt & pepper them and brown the chicken on medium high heat. Once they are golden brown I pull them from the pan and set aside. In a bowl I wisk together the mustard, honey, four, and broth. Add to the skillet and bring to a boil. Once the sauce thickens add back the chicken and cover on low for about 10-15 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked. Serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment