Sunday, May 8, 2011

The day I became a mom.

Today is my first official mothers day. Last year I was big and pregnant relishing those last few weeks alone with my husband and sleeping through the night. This year I fit back into my clothes..somewhat and am chasing an almost 11 month old down the church halls. I could say so much about being a mom but I just wanted to note and remember a few things.

The day I became a mom I had know idea how much I could unconditionally love another person. I had no idea the impact it would have on my marriage. It is both challenging and rewarding to raise a child with your best friend. Some days are better then others, and other days are just amazing that you get the entire picture of how important family is. I also had know idea how much love and forgiveness comes with bring a new baby into your family.

I love being a mom. Personally I think it is the most important thing I can do. No job, degree, or amount of money will be as rewarding as having a sweet baby come into your life. For me Max has been the biggest blessing Heavenly Father has given me and I continually look forward to the day when we can bring another baby into our family.

The last of many things I have learned is that motherhood is not glamorous. I knew that but to actually live it everyday you really learn how it is. Poop, blood, sweat, and tears is all in a days work. Sometimes when Max goes down for the night I do a little dance knowing he will be peaceful and still for 12 hours, but I always manage to go back into his room and watch him sleeping so peacefully and am so happy he is mine.

Happy mothers day to all the moms in my life. Thanks for the advice, play dates, and constant support you give me! I am grateful to be a mom and to have a great mom in my life who constantly supports and uplifts me to be a little better everyday.

1 comment:

  1. There is nothing like the first child to really bring perspective to life. You reminded me of my first child feelings. What a blessing!!

    ReplyDelete