Saturday, July 6, 2013

Grandpa Drapers 90th Birthday Party!!

My dearest Grandpa is turned 90 yesterday! My mom and her 8 other siblings through him a 3 day weekend celebration starting yesterday. All her siblings and spouses came in for the weekend to celebrate grandpa. We did a dinner at our house and I was in charge of the decor. We wanted it inside because it was so hot so this is what I came up with. It was so nice being able to do something special for such a special and amazing man. My grandpa served in WWII, raised 9 children, and taught art at Fresno College. He has served 3 missions, been a bishop and in a stake presidency. He was an avid Scouter and has had a huge impact on many peoples lives. I feel honored and blessed to be his granddaughter. I love him with all my heart and was so happy to be apart of the celebration. I was one of the only grandchild to be involved because they didn't want it to be loud and noisy so it was just the adults all weekend but since I live here I got to be involved!

 



Most of the decor was his art work all over the walls and then lots of pictures of him and his family through the years as they grew.  We had each sibling bring a picture of their current family and added them to the bookshelves. His pottery was displayed everywhere and we even served the dinner on the china that my uncle David brought back for grandma during the vietnam war. It was all very sentimental and showed what a legacy he has made! The gallery wall was put up with lots of my moms art she had of his and probably will stay for awhile now!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment