Friday, November 19, 2010

My tribute to the woman {Day 6}

On this last day of my appreciation week I want to say thanks to J.K. Rolling. Im not like in love with her or anything {haha} but I do love her books. I think they are a classic. I know there is haters out there but that's okay because people can find a reason to hate anything.

I believe these are great kid/teen/adult books. I think the movies might be different though and believe that a 9 year old should not go see a PG-13 movie but hey that's the mom inside me screaming. I do think though the are entirely appropriate for a 9 year old to read...lets face it a lot goes over their head anyway and I think it really is a great read for teens and adults because there is just so much in these books

I think J.K. Rolling did an amazing job on these books, I could talk about person after person...I mean Tonks and Lupin get married {so crazy}. Victor Krum makes a re-entrance to the book at the Weasely wedding {Love it} Dumbledore's crazy past life, Fred/George...their magic shop...{You know Poo} There is just so much detail that I fall in love with every time I read.

I really could go on and on...I mean Hagrid has a giant half brother...come on! And the Malfoys dont get killed but other good people do {that bugs} oh and HOW funny is it that Harry and company run into Gilderoy Lockhart in the 5th book while at Saint Mungos Hospital over Christmas break {remember that} SO funny.

Anyway I don't want to keep rambling but I think it fitting that on the last day we give a shout out to the writer herself. She lucked out when Harry Potter walked into her brain and so did the rest of us!

I can't wait to read them to/with Max and the rest of my kids when the arrive, I hope you all have had an entertaining week and enjoy seeing the movie...lets hope it doesn't disappoint!



{Thanks again}

No comments:

Post a Comment