Saturday, June 19, 2010

Special Delivery....


Max Joseph Harris

Arrived on June 19, 2010 @ 7:27 am
weighing 5 pounds 12 ounces and 18.5 inches long

We have had such an amazing/stressful/painful (on my part) experience with him. He came at 38 weeks due to very low fluids and slow growing. I was only and 1 when she did an emergency admit and we waited a long while till I go into active labor but once my water was broken I went from a 4 to a 10 in 4 1/2 hours and pushed for about 20 and out he popped crying an all!!! He is amazing and beautiful. He doesn't like to latch on yet and has trouble with his sucking but he is slowly getting it. We are monitoring his glucose because he is so tiny and hopefully he evens out soon. He likes to be tightly wrapped and held tight and cries whenever you try to bother him but that is about the only time...oh and when you try to feed him.

I am doing great...I loved my epidural for most of the part until the end when I could feel some on my left side but it was okay because I went so fast and it helped with the entire pushing process. It was amazing when he came out and was placed on my chest he immediately stopped crying and slept there on my while i got all fixed up. Larry was awesome partner and was encourgaing and even cut his cord. So awesome. The nurses were amazing and my doctor was awesome and so happy when she arrived to deliver him.

The only down side was I had not eaten in over 30 something hours because I wasnt expecting any of this so I was STARVING the entire time and my last push was all about me getting some food at the end! I am doing great now...my tail bone area is pretty sore...actually dealthy sore but everything else is great I would be feeling good if my dumb tailbone didnt make me wanna cry but hopefully it gets better soon!

We are doing great and are still shell shocked that he is our baby and we will take him home and try not to suck at this entire parenting thing.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats! So glad that he is here. He is a cutie! I hope you get some sleep tonight. You deserve it! and need it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy he made it here and that he's healthy!!!
    You and Larry will be GREAT parents!! Congratulations!!!
    Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so awesome! I am so happy for you guys, being a parent is the best thing in the world! Did you happen to notice Larry made the cut off just in time for Fathers Day? Maybe he was sneaking something in your water... lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wooo!!! We are so excited for you. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Congratulations guys, He's a cuttie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations you guys!!! He is so beautiful. I hadn't been on anyone's blogs for a few weeks and was glad to see that everything went ok for you! I hope things are going ok for you, it's hard with the baby blues, and with nursing issues. I had both and hope things get better for you!! Wish I was there to help! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete