Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I love power

Saturday our power turned off at 10:30 am...and did not return until 12:30 am Sunday morning. Needless to say having no power in a dark basement all day long pretty much ruined my life all day! Larry was at work and poor guy got frantic phone calls from me crying asking him to come pick me up and save his 9 month pregnant wife from certain death {It was a dramatic day}

Things I learned:

* You can't cook anything with an electric stove
* Our fridge and freezer stayed cooled enough so our food didn't get ruined
* We own only one flash light
*Basements are very dark even during the day
* I watch way to much TV when I am alone
*Eating nothing but dry ramen noodles all day is not good for my pregoself
*My husband is way to patient and calm when I am having a melt down about dying in the dark...14 hours without power can really get to some people.
*Hot water is gone after a short while
* I have rocky mountain power company

Needless to say we made it through and I am still alive but I have learned I could never be a pioneer or live without modern convinces....Heavenly father knows me so well...he knew I would have died on the plains.

1 comment:

  1. We are so excited for you guys! I can't believe I haven't seen you pregnant even once . . . lame! Your 9 months picture looks about how I looked around 5 months. Ugh. We can't wait to see your baby! Text us when it is go time!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete