Monday, June 21, 2010

Max's Birthstory

So I know everyone is dying to know the birth story..haha :) I went in for my 38 week appointment and have had really low fluid levels for a while so we had been watching and waiting for them to drop to an unsafe level and on Friday my amazing doctor decided it was time to induce me. I was only 1 cm dilated and having NO contractions so we thought it would be a long haul. It took me about 4 hours to get to a 4 with all the drugs and such. Once I was a 4 the on call resident came and broke my water. Funny enough I had worked with him as a nursing student...can you say awkward haha. Once my water broke I got my amazing epidural and was numb as can be except on one side of my hip, it was annoying and I got a double dose making me so very very numb at then end. The nurse came in and checked me at 5:30 and I was at a 6 and then she came back an hour later and I was ready to go! I went super fast, which I am grateful for.

At 7:00 am I started to push and pushed through one contraction then took a break because my doctor wasn't there yet. She came 2 contraction later and I pushed through one more contraction and out he popped! 20 minutes of pushing was enough for me haha :) He came out crying and all pink and was placed on my chest and immediately feel asleep and peed all over me twice. It was an amazing experience. We had awesome nurses and my doctor was so encouraging and joked around with us during the delivery. It was perfect experience for me and Larry.

In the hospital his blood sugars kept dropping just because he wasn't nursing well and so tiny but those got straightened out. He went under the Bili lights just for about 12 hours because of his jaundice and when they took him I about died..It was lonely in our room with just me and Larry haha :) Monday morning we brought him home and he is such a good baby so far. He sleeps so much and never cries unless I am trying to wake him up to feed him. He still has some trouble nursing but it has gotten better. He loves Larry and will sleep on his chest for hours if I let him.
It was fun to be in the hospital and spend these precious moments with Larry. Larry and I slept in the same hospital bed each night which was funny but nice and just holding Max all day watching TV and hanging out was great. I really loved my experience and will always look back on this first delivery with great memories. Seriously we are so blessed look at the amazing healthy baby! He is amazing and so cute and tiny and I can't wait for him to get bigger and at the same time I want him to be tiny forever. These post pregnancy hormones are kicking my butt.

No comments:

Post a Comment