Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day 2: Gods definition of beauty

Day 2 of the challenge was to read this and to answer these questions:
How do you think Heavenly Father defines beauty?
Why might this be hard to internalize and believe?

I think that this talk was awesome and something you hear a lot throughout the young womens program. Elder Robbins talks about how happiness is the true way we show beauty. I remember when I was a teenager and how someone had commented on my friends and I. We were modest, clean, doing what was right and it showed. People said we glowed with happiness and they could tell that we were making good choices. I am not always as good as I once was, sometimes I feel like life has chewed me up and spit me out and that shows I think a lot in ugly ways when I am complaning or being selfish. Being beautiful in Hevenly fathers eyes is to be christ like, to be happy with life and to make vituroius choices. I think its hard to believe because the world tells us that you are only beautiful on the outside and the inside doesn't really count. I want to be able to teach my daughters {If I get some} that being beautiful is from the inside out not the other way and I will teach my sons to understand the different levels of beauty so that the girls they interact with know that there is honest men that show respect toward women and that looks are not the only thing that matters.

“I testify that no one of us is less treasured or cherished of God than another. I testify that He loves each of us- insecurities, anxieties, self- image, and all. He doesn’t measure our talents or our looks;...He cheers on every runner, calling out that the race is against sin, not against each other.” -Elder Jeffrey R. Holland



Isn't he a beauty??

1 comment:

  1. I loved this comment. Things are beautiful all around us, we just have to look for it. Max is so cute. I'm going to miss seeing him. He's going to be huge when we come back.

    ReplyDelete