Monday, October 11, 2010

10 Day Beauty Challenge

My sweet awesome cousin Halie Stout sent me this email about BYU putting on a 10 day beauty challenge that has various activities to recapture your beauty, I think it is so wonderful and I want to blog about it for the next 10 days...So maybe it will inspire you and I think it is just such a cool idea.

Day 1:
Today, start your journal for the challenge. Write for at least ten minutes and express gratitude for all the things your body allows you to do. Continue to write for at least 10 minutes each day though the challenge.

I wont write down everything I thought in 10 minutes but the things I am most grateful for that my body allows me to do is to create, grown, and carry a human life. Being pregnant and having a child has been the most important thing I have done and the most miraculous and amazing thing I have experienced. It is a testimony to me everyday that there is a greater plan and that Heavenly Father put so much time and effort in to our mortal bodies that we can reproduce...its amazing that a little heart developed in side of me and a brain and beautiful blue eyes and hands and every organ...being grateful seems like an understatement. I also am grateful for the ability to speak and hear. Speaking and "talking it out" is away I can connect as a women to other women..its what we do it is a way to make friends, say prayers, give thanks, say I Love you its amazing what a small conversation can do to your day.

There are many other things I thought about as well..personal things that married people do :) and silly things but I loved this exercise because It made me realize how much my body can do and how much I take for granite.

2 comments:

  1. You should post or email the challenge to me. Erickson.cas@gmail.com :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea AM--will you email the challenge to me as well?? Please? Just FYI I have always thought that you are beautiful inside and out, you are a wonderful friend and an awesome mom!

    ReplyDelete