Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Little Update From The East Coast

So I thought I'd update the world on our lives back east. We have lived here in Springfield Virginia for about a month now. Its interesting, different, scary, amazing and everything else. If you don't now we are living in a basement of an LDS members home and Larry is working for a government contracting firm in Arlington Virginia. His job is only about 10 minutes away without traffic, but if you have ever been to the D.C. metropolitan area you know about amount the insane traffic at times. We are a metro ride into D.C and it takes me about 10 minutes to get there during express times. I have found a job working for an LDS family in crystal city which is a little sector within Arlington. I watch 3 little boys during the day and sometimes I am able to borrow the car so it's nice to actually drive occasionally. It has worked out okay. The mom is a tad bit intense and the kids have a lot of allergies so it is hard to keep them happy because they can't really eat much and are always hungry.

We have met some fun people in our ward and have made really good friends with a guy at Larry's work, another intern name Jake. His wife Brianna is pregnant and they do not live to far from us. Its worked out pretty well...arriving here homeless and now we have jobs. Every night we go into D.C. and see something new or just walk around the monument, it really never gets old. This is pretty amazing and has really strengthened me because I have never been anywhere! I have learned I can do hard things...but it has been a big adjustment to live so far away from my parents.

We are leaving for Philadelphia tomorrow to stay the weekend and explore and then my brothers are coming to stay and see the sights and my parents will join them after the 4th of July weekend. I am SO excited to see them and be the tour guide. Larry has gotten to do lots of different things with his company and runs lots of errands into important buildings its pretty legit stuff here. The east coast is SO different then the west, but I am starting to really like it, except sleeping on a air mattress that is getting old!

No comments:

Post a Comment