Friday, June 19, 2009

Hello From Philly!

Whew we made it to Philadelphia...it was a journey. It actually is only 4 hours northish of D.C. but we have no car {remember} so we took a bus from D.C. china town to Philadelphia china town. It was crazy this company sells more tickets then seats so Larry literally had to drag me through a mob of people to get us on the bus and in a seat. I thought we might die I don't know if I ever would do that again. But what can I say the tickets were cheap and now we know why.

Onward to the city of brotherly love. Let me tell you somethings I have already learned about Philadelphia. The metro or subway system here is ghetto compared to D.C and dirty. The city is dirty but the buildings are beautiful and old and there is some much history here. Oh also Philly loves Benjamin Franklin {and so they should} he is everywhere in every form around this place!

Once we got here and set our stuff in the hotel we were off. Oh let me tell you how nice it is to be laying in an actual bed! It was been over a month and I am dying of comfortableness. Once we got settled into our upgraded suit we were off.

Today we walked around the city and got acclimated with the area we are staying in. We are right in downtown and in walking distance from University of Pennsylvania and all the historical things and the water. We went and walked around PENN seeing all the beautiful buildings hitting up the law school, bookstore, and checking out the campus in general. All the buildings are brick and anyone would be lucking to attend this school.

We also walked awhile to find the "Rocky Stairs." Personally I have never seen these movies so I have no clue but it was fun for Larry to run up them like the movie. There was also some crazy monument that had all these animals on it that Larry insisted on climbing up and riding. We had lots of city views and had a great night. Tomorrow we are hitting up Independence Hall and whatnot.





No comments:

Post a Comment