Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I'm out!

Today I left our house!
I did it!
With the help of my parents I got the courage to go meet Larry at his work. I made it to the bus stop 1/2 a mile down from our house. I got on the bus and rode to the pentagon. From there I was a little lost because you don't know this but the pentagon is a major hub of the metro system its just all underneath the huge building. When you get off the bus you walk straight up to the building basically and there are arm guards everywhere so its intimidating especially because there are people everywhere in black suits rushing along to catch a bus or the metro.

Anyway after asking for help I found the metro and then and made it to Roslyn Virgina stop its right after the Arlington Cemetery stop. I was so excited I had made it I called my parents haha. Larry and I went and walked around where he works and then walked over to Roosevelt Island where there is some huge statues of Teddy.

I am so proud of myself, I really have never rode with public transit, Larry is a pro because of his mission. I am so excited though to get out and about now and to see so many things with Larry. I am still looking for a job, but I think I have one lined up to watch an LDS woman's kids a couple times a week while she studies for the bar...how fitting right? I leave you with some pictures from our outing on the island. My feet hurt a lot because I am not use to walking so much, but its cool to see that you can live without a car out here.

{Larry & the buildings he works at in the distance}


No comments:

Post a Comment