Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Longest Escalator In The World.

I found it. I seriously think that this escalator has got to be the biggest and longest one I have ever ridden on. Its one where you could maybe read an article from the newspaper while waiting to get to the top or bottom. There is a rule here in D.C. an unspoken rule of how to ride the escalators. If you aren't going to walk up them then you need to stand to the right of the escalator so others who are more important or in a hurry can walk past you.

This escalator is a work out man, the first few times I rode up it I waited patiently on the side while people raced up the steps. Finally I decided to stop being lazy and walk up it...I mean middle aged people were doing it so I could to right? Haha half way up I was wheezing and dying it was SO many steps I gave up and quickly got out of the way. Its pretty fun. Its also really funny to go walking down if in flip flops or high heels...clomp clomp clomp all down and it echos underground.

Its kinda like an 8th wonder of the world I think. I saw someone fall down while trying to walk down it was not a pretty sight. This escalator is not for the weak of heart. I am really talking it up right? The sad thing is the pictures I have don't really do it justice. But Larry as my witness will verify he ride it every day up to work at the Roslyn stop. Its pretty amazing and its always busy really no matter what time of day its packed with people. Sorry the picture doesn't do it justice just come and visit and I will show you, you will be in awe, I guarantee it.



No comments:

Post a Comment