Monday, October 5, 2009

The Smell of Winter

In Utah there is a smell of fall..its crisp air and hay and I dunno what else but its wonderful and its great to step outside, take a deep breath and breath in the fall Utah air...ahh I love it. There is also a smell of Winter...a year ago I would say its the smell of death as the threat of endless snow is on its way...now though not so much. While I don't love the snow its great for about a month and then I am done but its a nice cold smell filled with the anticipation of the coming first snow fall.

Until that day comes look at the tree outside my house. This is in the backyard facing the school on the other side. it hasn't hit me fully that we will be moving and that this could be our last year in Utah...its mixed emotions of excitement and sadness, its hard to explain I guess if you haven't experienced the anticipation and constant change in your life. Anyways look at those colors...its amazing and so wonderful about Utah. I figured I better get a snap shot before winter comes and destroys the colors of fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment