Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Gratitude.

My heart is extremely full this thanksgiving season. I have so many things to be grateful for. From a husband that works his butt off, to my sweet albeit some times crazy boys and the most awesome blessing of being able to stay home with those boys. Sometimes I wallow in the fact that we have another year of law school to endure though, or that we don't have our own house yet. But I have to say we are healthy, have a beautiful house to live in right now, we have good food, we have clean water, and my children are constantly surround by people who love them and want them to have the best life possible.

So yes while this year has been challenging, and the influences of the world of negativity have sometimes leaked into my thoughts I am trying hard to focus on the good in my life. I can't change what is happening around me, but I can focus on my family and make us the best we can be. I can count my blessings and continue to follow in the path that christ would want me to live. I can live by example, share my testimony and continual give thanks for the countless blessings that have been give to me.

I may forget about the little things like having hot water, or clean sheets but the major things I continually say prayers of thanks for. I love this season to remember not only the big things but the little as well. I have loved having our "thankful tree" to display in our house, and to add little things throughout the month. I love that Max knows what "thank you" means and uses it often! It is sometimes hard to feel gratitude when bad things are happening to you {I know from experience} but man alive, if I have learned anything from the awfulness that has come to us, is that if you are grateful for the small things and continue to serve others and continue to live your life, things get better. You will receive more and more things to be grateful for. I know this, it has happened to me and after looking back I hated the bad things but it has made me all the more appreciative for the good things in my life.

I hope everyone has a wonderful, safe, and happy thanksgiving. I am excited to spend the day with my family. I am grateful for my life, kids, family, husband, friends, my savior, and this great holiday that leads into the best one of all...celebrating the birth of Christ! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment